The Great Giveaway
Spring Cleaning: A Time To Benefit Community
As we look forward to Spring, let us also look toward community need. As you embark on Spring Cleaning - and inevitably find items you don’t need - remember The Great Giveaway!
Anyone Can Donate:
Are you collecting items to donate? Please keep in mind these guidelines:
- All items should be clean and in working order
- We cannot store donated items. We can accept items only during the specific Drop Off Days/Times (June 10th 2-5pm, June 11th and 12th from 4-7pm)
- We cannot accept the following: Books, mattresses, cribs, car-seats, stuffed animals, clothing and linens (sheets/towels), TVs, Firearms, and Appliances/electronics containing freon or mercury (washers, dryers, refrigerators, and window a/c units for example cannot be donated). We CAN accept small appliances such as toaster ovens, blenders, mixers, waffle irons, etc. Lamps are also allowed. As long as your electronic item doesn’t contain freon or mercury, we can take it.
In addition, we can also accept non-restricted items for these areas:
- Kitchen (dishes, glasses, pots and pans, small appliances - but not towels)
- Living Room (lamps, furniture, artwork, rugs - but not TVs)
- Bedroom (lamps, furniture - but not bedding)
- Collectibles and Knick-Knacks
- Office (lamps, furniture, desk sets, decor)
- Sporting & Camping (all sport and camping equipment is ok, except guns)
- Small Appliances (provided it doesn’t contain freon or mercury)
- Garage (Tools, car accessories, but no liquids or flammables)
- Lawn & Garden (lawn mowers, flower pots, garden tools, etc)
- Furniture - all types! If you need a pick-up call Marcy 947-6698
- Children’s Items (toys, playsets, etc but not clothing)
Mark your calendar for the evening of Wednesday June 13, 2018.
Once again, we will be filling a 30’ x 90’ tent with valuable items that we know our community can use. There will be food, music, and plenty of community spirit. As always, all items are free! To learn more about the event, click here.
“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”