Praise God for His Blessings!
For the past two years, our church has welcomed several hundred community members to The Great Giveaway. An estimated $40,000 in donated furniture, household, lawn, and sporting goods was given away each year, at no charge to those who needed it. We also grilled 500 hotdogs, along with popcorn and water, feeding a hungry and grateful crowd. Above all, God moved and blessed our community and our church! Several stories were shared from grateful families, overcome by the love and generosity shown through this event. On more than one occasion, we witnessed community members giving away an item they had chosen, to another guest who they believed could use it more. Kindness was truly contagious! Please visit our media page to see photos from the event.
Each year, 120 volunteer positions were filled by FCC members over four days, with many others lending a hand on the night of the event, and we are happy to announce:
The Great Giveaway will return in 2018!
Mark your calendar for the evening of Wednesday June 13, 2018. Once again, we will be filling a 30’ x 90’ tent with valuable items that we know our community can use. There will be food, music, and plenty of community spirit. As always, all items are free! Check back here as further details become available.
Anyone Can Donate:
Are you collecting items to donate? Please keep in mind these guidelines:
- All items should be clean and in working order
- We cannot store donated items. We can accept items only during the specific Drop Off Days/Times (June 10th 2-5pm, June 11th and 12th from 4-7pm)
- We cannot accept the following: Books, mattresses, cribs, car-seats, stuffed animals, clothing and linens (sheets/towels), TVs, Firearms, and Appliances/electronics containing freon or mercury (washers, dryers, refrigerators, and window a/c units for example cannot be donated). We CAN accept small appliances such as toaster ovens, blenders, mixers, waffle irons, etc. Lamps are also allowed. As long as your electronic item doesn’t contain freon or mercury, we can take it.
In addition, we can also accept non-restricted items for these areas:
- Kitchen (dishes, glasses, pots and pans, small appliances - but not towels)
- Living Room (lamps, furniture, artwork, rugs - but not TVs)
- Bedroom (lamps, furniture - but not bedding)
- Collectibles and Knick-Knacks
- Office (lamps, furniture, desk sets, decor)
- Sporting & Camping (all sport and camping equipment is ok, except guns)
- Small Appliances (provided it doesn’t contain freon or mercury)
- Garage (Tools, car accessories, but no liquids or flammables)
- Lawn & Garden (lawn mowers, flower pots, garden tools, etc)
- Furniture - all types! If you need a pick-up call Marcy 947-6698
- Children’s Items (toys, playsets, etc but not clothing)
“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”