Judy Watkins is becoming a household name around FCC, blessing our fellowship time each week with her delicious creations. In response to the many requests received, Judy has agreed to share a monthly recipe with us. Check back here the first of each month to see what’s cooking!
Magic Cookie Bars
Makes 24-36 bars
- 1/2 Cup Margarine or butter
- 1 & 1/2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
- (1) 14oz can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- (1) 6oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- (1) 3.5oz can flaked coconut (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 Cup chopped nuts
Preheat over to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass dish).
In a 13x9 inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven.
Sprinkle crumbs over margarine. pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs.
Top with remaining ingredients and press down firmly.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars.
Store loosely covered at room temperature.
FOR SEVEN LAYER MAGIC COOKIE BARS:
Add (1) 6oz package butterscotch flavored chips after chocolate chips.